In life, plastic products are everywhere, such as the water bottle in your hand, the electrical shell in your home, the folder on your desk and so on. However, do you know the difference between them? Do you know what raw materials they are made of?
WJM will now tell you about the raw materials and applications of plastic products.
There are generally six kinds of plastic raw materials: PP, PC, ABS, PE, PVC and PS. Next, I will introduce their characteristics and applications one by one.
1. PP: low transparency, low gloss, low rigidity, but has stronger impact strength.It is common in plastic barrels, plastic basins, folders, drinking pipes, soybean bottles, yogurt bottles and microwave oven lunch boxes. The melting point is as high as 167 ℃. It is the only plastic product that can be put into the microwave oven and can be reused after careful cleaning.
2. PC: high transparency, high gloss, very brittle.It is common in plastic bottles such as kettle, space cup and milk bottle. The cup made of this material can easily release the toxic substance bisphenol A, which is harmful to human body. In addition, do not heat the water cup and do not dry it in the sun.
3. ABS: resin is one of the five synthetic resins. It has excellent impact resistance, heat resistance, low temperature resistance, chemical resistance and electrical properties. It also has the characteristics of easy processing, stable product size and good surface gloss. It is mainly used in milk bottles, space cups, automobiles, etc.
4. PE: common in fresh-keeping film, plastic film, etc. High temperature will produce harmful substances, toxic substances with food into the human body, may cause breast cancer, neonatal congenital defects and other diseases.
5. PVC: common in raincoats, building materials, plastic films, plastic boxes, etc. It has excellent plasticity and low price, so it is widely used. It reaches the peak when the heat resistance reaches 81 ℃, and it is easy to produce harmful substances at high temperature. It is rarely used in food packaging. It is difficult to clean, easy to remain and cannot be recycled.
6. PS: good transparency, good heat resistance and excellent electrical insulation.
Main purpose: printer shell, electrical shell, etc.
Now do you know what materials the plastic products around you are made of?